Guests are often unsure, surprised and (politely) skeptical about the unusual flavour combination!
This is simple dessert of fresh strawberries served in a cup. The number of servings can easily be adjusted depending on the number of guests.
Just like with olives, the first mouthful is a bit of a shock, but then you find yourself going back for more! This dessert is part of fine Italian cuisine.
|tray of strawberries||3|
|sugar||60 ml (1/4 cup)|
|35% heavy whipping cream||125 ml (1/2 cup)|
|sour cream||250 ml (1 cup)|
|pastis, Pernod or Ricard||60 ml (1/4 cup)|
|freshly ground pepper||To taste|
- Wash, hull and halve the strawberries.
- Toss the strawberries in the sugar and allow to macerate while making the pastis cream.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the sour cream and then beat again to combine.
- Add the pastis. Beat to combine.
- Transfer the strawberries to individual glasses or verrines. Top each glass with a generous serving of pastis cream.
- Garnish with a generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately!