This is a Helms household favourite!
This vegetable and nut pâté is a great source of protein. It can replace greaves and is perfect for spreading on crackers or toast.
Keep refrigerated. This pâté can be frozen in individual portions or as a whole.
6 to 8
|vegetable oil||30 ml (2 tablespoons)|
|cloves of garlic, minced||4|
|mushrooms, diced||250 ml (1 cup)|
|chicken stock||250 ml (1 cup)|
|almonds, finely chopped||500 ml (2 cups)|
|breadcrumbs||250 ml (1 cup)|
|soy sauce||30 ml (2 tablespoons)|
|dried marjoram||To taste|
|dried basil||To taste|
- Position the baking rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Grease an 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan.
- In a skillet, cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil until the mushrooms are tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add all of the other ingredients and mix well to form into a smooth paste.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix well to form into a smooth paste.
- Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before unmoulding.