I brought a freshly baked pie to serve at the coffee break of the Grandes Amies art committee meeting. Everyone immediately fell silent!
This simple recipe can be made ahead of time, defrosted and then baked!
This is a must-try!
1 hour and 10 minutes
|raw pie shell||1|
|fresh or frozen wild blueberries (the amount depends on the size of the dish)||750 ml to 1 litre (3 to 4 cups)|
|sugar||125 ml (1/2 cup)|
|cornstarch||45 ml (3 tablespoons)|
|minute tapioca||15 ml (1 tablespoon)|
|the juice of one lemon|
|the zest of one lemon|
|butter||15 ml (1 tablespoon)|
|salt||1 ml (¼ teaspoon)|
- Position the baking rack in the bottom the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Line the pie plate with the pie shell and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the other ingredients except for the butter.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the pie shell and sprinkle with the cubed butter.
- Decorate the top of the pie with any remaining dough.
- Bake for about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.