I want to share with you this delicious, mouth-watering recipe that I often cooked for special occasions when I was a chef.
This recipe should always be made with love!
This dish can be served on a bed of egg noodles.
10 to 12
|olive oil||60 ml (1/4 cup)|
|large carrots, diced||4|
|celery stalks, chopped||4|
|cloves of garlic, minced||2|
|veal cheeks, cubed||2.5 kg (4.4. lbs)|
|chicken stock, hot||1.25 litres (5 cups)|
|salt and pepper||To taste|
|fresh parsley, chopped||To taste|
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a large heavy-bottom pan or casserole dish, brown the meat in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, cook the onion, carrots, celery and garlic until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Return the meat to the pan and pour in enough hot chicken stock to cover the meat and vegetables. Add additional stock, if necessary. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to make sure that nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Remove the pan from the oven to check that the veal is tender. If necessary, thicken the sauce by adding a little cornstarch. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a generous amount of fresh parsley.
Mr. Maurice is a kind and generous man who loves to laugh and entertain others with his jokes. He is a sensitive and endearing man. The first thing you notice about him are his beautiful bright blue eyes. Mr. Maurice used to work in the restaurant industry as a chef. In this picture he is standing in front of the Labatt Brewery’s Salle Maisonneuve while he was chef for special occasions.