This cake is from my childhood!
This is a quick no-bake recipe.
You will be licking your fingers as you make this recipe!
|store-bought butter cookies (Village brand, if possible)||900 g (2 lbs)|
|powdered sugar||900 g (2 lbs)|
|cocoa powder||30 ml (2 tablespoons)|
|warm strong coffee (liquid, not instant powder)||180 ml (¾ cup)|
|melted butter||30 ml (2 tablespoons)|
- In a large bowl, break the cookies into small pieces using your hands.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder to the cookie chunks.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla and coffee. Mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs and knead with your fingers until a dough forms.
- Scoop the mixture into a wax paper-lined baking dish with a lid.
- Top with nuts (optional) and press the dough evenly into the dish.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before cutting into pieces.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Note: the dough should be quite firm, not too runny and not too dry. If needed, add a little more coffee or a few more cookies.