One fateful morning in June 1965, when an bottle of oil was mistaken for a bottle of Lestoyd detergent... You can imagine the smell that wafted out of that restaurant!
This tastes even better in the winter!
Serve with homemade ketchup or fruit ketchup.
6 to 8
|medium ground beef||900 g (2 lbs)|
|ground pork||450 g (1 lb)|
|ground moose (optional)||225 g (½ lb)|
|large carrot, grated||1|
|large potatoes, peeled and grated||2|
|quick oats||375 ml (1 ½ cups)|
|1 x 298 ml box of Campbell’s condensed tomato soup||1|
|salt and pepper||To taste|
- Position the baking rack in the bottom the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients using your hands to create a more uniform mixture.
- Transfer to a greased loaf pan and cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 55 minutes, removing the foil in the last 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.