Mariette always says grace before a meal.
This is the best yellow bean soup ever! - signed your friend Mariette.
Caution! Clean hands = Care Dirty hands = Scare
|fresh yellow beans||750 ml to 1 litre (3 to 4 cups)|
|chicken stock||1 litre (4 cups)|
|milk||250 ml (1 cup)|
|cornstarch||45 ml (3 tablespoons)|
|bacon (optional)||125 g|
- Cut the beans into 1 inch-long (2.5 cm) pieces.
- In a large pot, bring the onion, chopped beans, bacon and chicken stock to a boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until all of the ingredients are tender and the stock reduces slightly.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in ¼ of the milk and then add the rest of the milk to the soup.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately!